Our Website provides information on gaming websites, the gaming industry, and it occasionally may contain links or advertisements to external third-party sites and other third-party content (together with the Website: the "Services"). Such third-party websites have independent privacy (and cookie) policies. If You decide to access these websites, you should first review their privacy policies before you choose to give any personal information to them.
Types of information collected
We may collect personal information when you enter any competitions that we make available on our Website.
When you enter a competition, we may collect the following:
- Contact and identity data including your name, email address, geographical location, date of birth, age and your photo/image (where you are a winner and we have requested this information);
- Competition dataincluding your competition submission/entry details, and any information received from you if you are a winner, such as any financial details to make payment of prizes, home address for delivery of prizes or identification documents and information, obtained when verifying your identity if you are a winner;
- Marketing and communications dataincluding your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
The above personal data is collected for the purposes of administering the competition for which you have entered and wish to participate in and, in the event that you are a winner, in order to facilitate the delivery or payment of your prize.
We may also use your personal information, where you are a winner of a competition as part of marketing of that competition, including your name, location, your image as well as any information collected as part of your participation in the competition.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Using the Services may lead to the collection of un-identified and non-identifiable information from an individual("Non-personal Information").
Information broadcast by Your device might be part of the collection of Non-personal Information. This includes aggregated usage information and technical data (like Your IP address and other online identifiers), in addition to certain software and hardware information, such as the kind of browser and operating system Your device uses, language, and Your preferred access times to the Website's domain name, from which You access Our Services.
Information about Your activity on the Services and engagement on the Website may also be gathered to improve the functionality of Our Services.
Cookies are used by Our Website in order to distinguish You from other visitors to Our Website. This allows Us to provide you with a high-quality experience when You access and browse Our Website, and it helps Us to improve our Website's performance and design.
When You view a website, a small file with information called a 'cookie' is dispensed to the device You are using. This makes Your navigation between pages more efficient, as it allows the automatic activation of certain features, and it keeps track of Your preferences, making communication between You and the services you are accessing faster and easier.
Below You can find detailed information on the cookies that are used by Our Website and the reasons why they are being used:
- 'Session cookies' – these are files that are stored in a temporary memory while You browse, and deleted once You close the browser. These are strictly necessary in order to allow for the normal operation of Our Website. If these are disabled, the Website's performance may be reduced.
- 'Persistent cookies' – these are a group of cookies that are typically kept for a longer period of time (usually 1 year) by the company who sets up, the length of time depending on the policies of the company. On Our Website they are set by the third-party service providers, such as third-party web-traffic analytics companies who monitor and analyse Your interaction with our Website, over whose policies we have no control. These cookies can be one of the following types:
- Analytical/performance cookies: these are files which collate anonymous visitor data. They show us which parts of the Website visitors access, in what order and for how long, in order to help Us provide You with easier and more efficient access to Our Website.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies help us identify You in case of repeat visits, so that We can save and recall your preferences for following visits; and
- Targeting cookies: this type of cookies track the pages and links which You access, so that We can try to improve Our Website's relevance to your interests.
You can disable cookies by entering the settings of Your internet browser and turning off all or some cookies. However, it must be noted that this may lead to a lower performance of some features of the Website and Services, and a limited overall online experience if all cookies are disabled.
Using your information
- To adhere to any legal and regulatory obligations of the Website, including but not limited to any legislative requirements regarding the participation of any competitions made available by our Website;
- To preserve the safety and security of Our Website;
- To evaluate the relevance of the accessed content to You;
- Improving and modifying Our Services through conducting research or analytics.
Moreover, We may utilize data in response to government requests following any applicable laws and regulations, or to respond to any court demands or requests by an equivalent legal entity.
Sharing your information
Data gathered by Us might be shared by Us as follows:
Service providers and others
The Company may share Your Personal Information with particular trusted third-party service providers and business partners, so as to aid them in performing their function and processing User data on the behalf of the Website.
Carrying out research, analytics or technical diagnostics.
We may share and disclose anonymized data with advisers, auditors, and any potential investors or purchasers in the Company. Such data may also be shared with Our affiliates and subsidiaries.
In a case of corporate transaction in which the Company has an interest, such as for instance, a merger, the sale of a major part of the Company's business, or the purchase of any other business or asset by the Company, We may share information with the prospective buyer or seller of such assets or business.
Besides the above cases, information may also be shared if it is Our belief that disclosing such information would be helpful or reasonably necessary so as to comply with any legal obligation, governmental request or applicable law; enforce any legal rights such as intellectual property; take action when it comes to any illegal activities or other types of wrongdoing, such as security issues and suspected fraud; enforce our internal policies; exercise out rights to contest legal claims; and prevent harm to Our, Your, or any third party's safety or rights.
Retention of your information
Security and transfer of your information
It is essential for the Company to be furnished with adequate security for both the Services and Your Personal Information. This means that the realization and maintenance of security procedures are allotted a lot of attention: the Company utilizes industry-standard policies and procedures to avoid the unauthorized use of any Non-Personal Information. Despite all Our considerable efforts to protect Our data, We cannot guarantee that We will be able to stop all unlawful access to it or any exploitation of our Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure. The Company makes every possible effort to safeguard information, but it is impossible to guarantee that all information transferred to our Website will be secure; any internet-based transmission is carried out at Your own risk.
It must be stressed that if You are below 18 years of age, You are not legally allowed to partake in the Services. These Services are not meant to be used by individuals below the age of 18.
Information about us
If You have any questions about the Services or about the information that You submit to Us and about Our use of the Services, you can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.